IMPORTANT! This product is being offered as a pre-order for Fall 2017 delivery. Charges are applied at time of purchase.
For ages 14 and up. Sold as a collectible - not suitable for children. Contains many fragile parts.
1/87 HO scale, museum-quality replica bus featuring the "Modern" Red and White paint scheme in operation from 1995 to 2012. Available in Standard and Deluxe versions.
Rapido Trains performed a 3D scan of a preserved TTC "New Look" #8058 to guarantee 100% authenticity from tires to roof. Size: 101mm L x 35mm H x 28mm w (4" x 1.39" x 1.1")
The "New Look" Bus was the face of North American public transit in the latter half of the 20th century, with over 45,000 built between 1959 and 1986. Everyone remembers the New Look, also known as the “Fishbowl” Bus. The TTC owned one of the largest fleets of New Look buses, and they remained in service until 2012.
the Deluxe Version features :
- Interior lighting
- Working headlights and tail lights
- Illuminated front destination sign
- Painted seat-back handrails
- Two-tone seats (where appropriate)
- Correct tubular profile
- Full interior including separate seats with seat-back handrails
- Etched-metal interior stanchions and stamped-metal handrail
- Steerable front wheels
- Rubber tires
- Printed "metal" window frames
- Printed windshield gaskets
- Three kinds of bumper (steel, water jug and rubber)
- Optional Sinclair antenna, microwave antenna, and cellular/wifi antenna for the roof
- Multiple route/destination decals
Order deadline: May 8 2017
Delivery: Fall 2017